Junior Investigative Analyst
Research focused investment firm seeks a highly motivated Junior Investigative Analyst with a desire to
conduct detailed, in-depth, industry and company specific investigations, typically with an international
focus. We are seeking candidates who express a defined interest in business reporting, analyzing companies
and interpreting their findings to the company’s principal decision makers.
This position is based in Chicago, IL.
The Junior Investigative Analyst will work closely with the investment team to gather insight on various
publicly traded companies from around the globe. The core function of the Junior Investigative Analyst job
is to assist the investment team with getting a clear understanding of how a particular company operates
through extensive primary research. More specifically, she/he can expect to be involved in the following:
• Research companies assigned to them, using creative and self-directed avenues to get to the
bottom of key questions
• Find and interview people who have information, analysis, or opinions about a company to get a
holistic and balanced view of an issue
• Create clear and compelling written memos that highlight findings and synthesis findings to draw
a conclusion to key questions.
• Support investment team in preparing presentations when required
• College degree (B.S., B.A.), 1-2 years’ work experience desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct high quality qualitative analysis and synthesize findings
objectively and honestly.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• High level of intellectual curiosity and a passion for getting hard-to-find answers.
Desired Professional Attributes:
• Experience in investigative journalism, business writing, and financial analysis is highly desired.
• Interest in analyzing and understanding companies from multiple industries across the globe.
• Desire to gather data and educate others.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Nadine Sebai at firstname.lastname@example.org.