Office of Public Affairs
John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation’s busy Public Affairs Department seeks a Communications Associate to help manage its growing social media presence, develop new web and social media content, track web and social media statistics, and assist our small team with announcements, events, and other communications/outreach efforts as needed.
Specific responsibilities include –
- Help manage the Foundation’s growing social media presence by creating and posting content, tracking and responding to comments, and identifying and developing relationships with influential audiences;
- Help develop new content for MacArthur’s website, including text, video, data visualizations, photographs, etc.;
- Develop statistical dashboards to track web and social media efforts and guide future changes in approach;
- Post and format website content as needed;
- Research possible additional online vehicles for sharing information about the work of the Foundation and its grantees; and
- Build audience lists, including media, influencers, and potential guests for Foundation events;
- Provide support for event planning and logistics; and
- Assist others on Public Affairs team, as needed, to support communications and outreach efforts.
Skills and attributes that are essential to success in this position include –
- Experience with and understanding of various social media platforms;
- Online content creation experience, personal and/or professional;
- Strong writing and proofreading skills;
- Creative/entrepreneurial thinking;
- Well-developed organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to juggle many projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines;
- Positive, “can-do” attitude and a willingness to do what is necessary to get the job done;
- Eagerness to take on new responsibilities; and
- Interest in the work of the Foundation and its grantees.
Competitive candidates will have two to six years of related experience.
Please visit www.macfound.org/jobs to apply.